Thursday, January 23, 2014

Welcome to my World of Knitting and Crocheting!

Hello my lovelies! I wanted to start this blog to create a place where I can show off my knitting and crocheting. I've been knitting since I was 12 years old as a way to keep my anxiety at bay. My anxiety started when I was 8 and I never had an outlet to help keep me calm. My sister started knitting and I wanted to do it too, she was left handed so she couldn't teach me. She bought me the Stitch N' Bitch book and off I went, a self taught 12 year old knitter and it never stopped. Over the last few years I've been knitting on and off but decided to start up regularly again because I've missed the art of it. I started crocheting when I was pregnant with my first son at 18 when my mom taught me. I wanted so badly to make a crochet ripple afghan for him and then the madness started and here I am today. It's taking me a bit of time to get back into crochet since my main love is knitting, but I'm going to get there. I hope that you take this journey with me, and please share any tips or tricks or even what projects your working on! I'm on Ravelry and my name is SammiRexKnits if you'de like to follow my progress there as well! Do you knit or crochet? When did you start? I'de love to hear all about it!

Until Next Time!
-Sammi

2 comments:

  1. I knit. But you know that because you're the one that taught me. And I know I have said it before but thank you for teaching me. I have made so many things since you started teaching me. My sister just had a baby and I made an amazing blanket for her new baby, which she loved. I am going to follow you on here so you can teach me more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm so glad that your going to follow on here! I'm excited to share all my stuff in one spot except for ravelry!

      Delete